Thursday, October 23, 2008

Hello world, I'm ready to work

Hi! I'm Amy, and I tend to be harsh on myself.
No really, i need to work myself way over the top.
My senior year went like this:
Me: I would like to go to the University of South Florida.
Fate: Um, you are going to have to work extra hard to get past me. I kinda had a plan for you to go to community college, thats why you were a mess up your first 3 years :]
Me: No, I'll get in.

Mk so what did i do to change my fate?
I took as many advance classes as my brain could handle, made excelent grades, volunteer over 150 hours at a day camp, oh and don't forget, took more classes then i was supposed to. (I took 5 classes on a block schedual one term instead of the regular 4) Lets not forget AP CLASSES!
... screw them ...

So i was balls to the freaken wall during my senior year. I made sure i covered for every mistake taht i made my first 3 years in high school. I promise, it wasn't easy.
But it all paid off, because now i am at the only college i wanted to go to. Plus my aunt was really proud of me for getting into her alumni school :]

Anyways, so after all this hard work in high school, i figured college would be even worse. Plus, i'd have to have a job on top of everything! Well, i started out so strong. I read every word of every text book. Plus the extra readings. I studied every letter of every note too. I was going to be the best in college, i wasn't going to have free time, i wasn't going to have fun, i was here to study. I knew enough people that I didn't want to meet anyone else. I wanted to do the following
Go to class
Sleep
Eat
See my boyfriend sometimes
Study
Repeat.

Well, that was great. Untill I meet some wonderful people. They are in almost all of my classes. They showed me that i was doing college all wrong, that in fact it was easier then high school in some aspects! I'm not going to lie, Miller, your papers are ridic. But thats not to say about my other classes. My AP preached AND PREACHED about how his class was so much easier, that he gives us more then any college professor would ever give us. And so far, he has been COMPLETLY wrong.

Now, he will be right probably towards the end of my sophmore year, or even the start of my JR year. But as of now i have realized i have taken college way to seriously and it acutally hurt my grades! After i meet my new friends i realized that you have to have fun with everything or else, well, you'll fail at this game. After i started hanging out with these select few, i have realized that i do know how to study, and i should relax. And just because i don't read a chapter in biology b/c all the texts and exams are from the questions in the back of the book and thats all i really need to know... IS OK!

These people really gave me my sanity. I must thank them.

Thanks Rachel, Laura, and Deb. With out you guys I'd be even worse off then I am hanging around you guys right now ;D
Just kidding.
But truely, thanks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad we could help. I did the same thing you did coming into college. excpet I didn't know anyone here and I live off campus. I wanted to meet a few friends and I did!! You, Rachel, and Deb are so amazing. And you all are nothing like my friends from high school. Which by the way is a very good thing!! I feel like i can relax and be myself around you all!! so BAY-SEE-CA-LEY, your amazing!! :)

ps:thank you for giving me an idea for what to write about on my next blog...